Who is Eligible: Any active member of IAATI, who completes the application and scores a minimum of 100 points (see application for scoring standards). All applications are screened and information verified before a certificate is issued. Failure to maintain active IAATI membership will result in revocation of certification.
What does the exam consist of: The exam is 50 questions. The exam will test your knowledge on motor vehicles, motorcycles, trucks, trailers, cargo containers, construction equipment, component part labels, methods of theft and processing stolen vehicles. The application and exam material can be downloaded from the file library.
How do I take the exam: Several methods are offered.
• At the International Conference in August
• At Regional Conferences
• At State sponsored meetings
• IAATI has partnered up with the National Insurance Crime Training Academy
(NICTA) to provide on-line testing. The site can be accessed at
http://www.nicta.org/. The cost of the test is $15.00.
• Once the test is taken online you can mail a copy of your score and the completed
application. Once that is received a certificate will be mailed to you.
• Please make all inquiries and send all completed applications and test scores to
Executive Director John V. Abounader
IAATI Executive Offices
PO Box 223
Clinton, NY 13323-0223 USA