IAATI UK President’s Award
The President’s Award is supported by IAATI UK’s first gold supporter to commit to our Supporters package each year. It is our most prestigious Award.
Who can be Nominated?
This Award recognises an outstanding contribution by an individual or a team in either:
• the reduction and deterrence of motor vehicle theft in the United Kingdom or Ireland,
• the achievement of a significant result from an investigation in auto crimes, and/or
• a significant achievement in the detection of motor vehicle theft and/or fraudulent vehicle crime.
For example, potential nominations in this category may include:
• Individuals or organisation involved in the development of security devices;
• Vehicle manufacturers;
• Insurance companies for the introduction of new procedures or incentives to vehicle owners or the funding of crime prevention programs;
• Police services for the introduction of initiatives or the development and distribution of training programmes;
• Local crime prevention practitioners;
• Youth workers or organisations involved in prevention programs for offender or age risk individuals;
• Advertising agencies for the development of an awareness campaign etc.;
• Motor Registration authorities or consumer protection agencies for the development of policies or procedures aimed at restricting the activities of car thieves and protecting the unsuspecting consumers;
• Individuals or organisations involved in the media for the development of responsible reporting practices, the dissemination of vehicle theft prevention material, or the reporting of vehicle theft issues;
• Police services, Customs services, Insurance companies, private investigators, or anyone else involved in the prevention, detection and investigation of motor vehicle theft or vehicle crimes;
• Inter-agency operations or co-operation between public and/or private companies to achieve a positive result in the tackling of vehicle crime.
Submissions could be for any project or initiative that deals with the reduction, prevention or investigation of motor crime, either at an international, national or local level. Nominees will be assessed by the Awards Assessment Committee who will present a short list of finalists to the United Kingdom Board to select the winner. The winner and runner up for this award are announced at the annual IAATI UK National Vehicle Crime Conference Awards Banquet held each year.
The successful recipient or organisation will receive the Award from the IAATI International President or representative and the IAATI UK Branch President at the IAATI UK National Vehicle Crime Conference.
The runner up will receive a Certificate of commendation from IAATI. Would you like to nominate someone or an organisation for this Award?
For more information please read the Awards Brochure IAATI_UK_Awards_Policy_Version_201807_2.pdf
To nominate for this or any other UK Branch award please click this link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/IAATIUKAWARDS