Reward a Colleague
Reward a colleague and you too may be rewarded
Between 1 January to 31 March 2018 we are giving you the chance to reward a non-member colleague with a free 2018 membership in IAATI.
As a member of IAATI you know the benefits of being part of a worldwide network of auto crime investigators. This is an opportunity to allow your non-member colleagues to also experience these benefits, by offering them a complimentary trial 2018 IAATI membership.
Furthermore, by rewarding a non-member colleague you will have the chance to be rewarded. For every non-member that you refer who takes up the 2018 trial membership, you will receive an entry into the draw for one of 10 memberships.
All you have to do is:
1. Download the promotional email below (or cut and paste the text at the bottom of this page)
2. Send the email to your colleague and cc firstname.lastname@example.org so we can include you in the draw for a free membership if they are accepted as a member.
Why are we doing this?
We are confident that once your colleagues experience the benefits of IAATI, they will want to maintain their membership in the future. Also, the more members involved in IAATI around the world the greater the networking opportunities and more contacts you have to assist you with your career.
For more information about this promotion please contact our International Executive Director, John Abounader - email@example.com
What you can do to help promote the initiative
We encourage all members to promote this initiative. If you wish you can download a pdf poster about the initaive and post it up at your worksite, upload it to your work intranet, or publish it in your work magazine, send a Facebook or twitter post about the initaitive to all your friends and followers.
1. The Reward a Colleague promotion is only valid between 1 January and 31 March 2018.
2. To qualify for the offer the nominated colleague must:
- have never been a member of IAATI;
- be nominated by an existing IAATI member; and
- complete and submit the online membership application form (https://www.iaati.org/membership/applicationapplication) during the promotion period, and undergo the normal membership approval process by their respective Branch/Chapter.
3. If approved by their local Branch/Chapter the prospective member will be granted a complimentary trial membership for a period to 31 December 2018.
4. An individual granted a trial membership will only be able to claim this offer once. If they do not elect to renew their membership after the end of the trial period they will not be entitled to be eligible to receive any similar trial membership offer in the future.
5. There is no limit on the number of colleagues you may nominate to receive the trial membership. Each colleague you nominate who is accepted as a new member, will result in one entry into the draw for a free membership.
6. There are 10 free memberships that will be drawn from those members who successfully refer a colleague. The 10 winners will each receive a 12 month extension to their current membership expiry date. The prize cannot be converted to cash or transferred.
7. The winners will be drawn by the 21st April 2018 and will be announced in the May 2018 issue of Auto Theft Today.
Sample Email to Non-member you wish to reward:
To: ................................ (recipent's email address)
Subject: Reward a Colleague - Complimentary IAATI membership
Hi ................................. (recipent's name)
I am a member of the International Association of Auto Theft Investigators (IAATI). This is a really great organisation with members around the world that offers a range of benefits for professionals involved in the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of auto related crimes.
IAATI is currently running a Reward a Colleague promotion whereby members can nominate a colleague to receive a complimentary 2018 membership in IAATI so you can experience the benefits for yourself. I am forwarding this email onto you, so if you wish, you can take up this offer. There are no obligations and it is completely free. The only requirements are that the offer is only open to individuals who have never been a member of IAATI and that you meet the normal membership requirements, i.e. are good standings and have a legitimate interest in auto crime.
If you wish to take advantage of this offer you need to complete the normal membership application form via their website (https://www.iaati.org/membership/application) by the March 31st, 2018.
IAATI has 10 chapters/branches around the world and is a really valuable resource. It was established in 1952 in order to improve communication and coordination among professional auto crime investigators. It has members in over 66 countries and includes representatives of law enforcement agencies, as well as many others with a legitimate interest in auto theft investigation including insurance investigators, intelligence and forensic specialists, vehicle manufacturers, registration and transport inspectors etc.
As a member of IAATI you will receive:
- access to any of their any of their member only training seminars conducted around the world. These include a range of half to three day branch and chapter based training activities and an annual five day International training seminar and cover areas such as technical developments, trends, intelligence information and investigative assistance.
- their international Magazine – APB – 3 issues per year
- their E Newsletter – Auto Theft Today – 6 issues per year
- receive access to their member only online training resources
- access to the IAATI certification Program
- access to the on-line forum so ask questions or seek help from fellow members
- access to a worldwide membership database with members in over 66 countries who can assist you with your investigations For more information about IAATI visit their website or contact me.
I think it is a great Association that you will find really beneficial in your career. For more information about IAATI visit their website at www.iaati.org or contact me.
........ (Your name)